Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My neighbor is feeding pigeons in her backyard with dogfood.

My neighbor is feeding pigeons in her backyard with dogfood. The birds flock by the hundreds on her and my roof and leaving their feces everywhere. I live in the southwest and when it is getting warm it litterally stinks like bird feces and dog feces. She also has about 8-12 dogs on the average and the city is not doing anything. My question is: Can I film her feeding the bird in her backyard from my backyard and use it as evidence? I actually had planned of giving this video to the news stations in my city. My roof is getting destroyed by pigeon feces and I am afraid that illnesses from the birds will also occur. I have to clean pigeon feces daily from my property. I have a six year old child who likes to play outside but cannot because of the constant bird feces.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex Esquire :

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Customer:

Yes I am online

Alex Esquire :

As long as, you file this neighbor from a local where you have the right to be, without trespassing on the neighbor's property, it is absolutely legal to film her activities and such videos can be used in court.

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

Yes it does. How about filming her from my roof? Or even posting it on Youtube/Facebook etc.?

Alex Esquire :

You can do that as well

Customer:

Fantastic. Thank you very much.

Alex Esquire :

Thank you and please click on the "excellent service" rating so I can receive credit for my answer.

Positive feedback and bonus is always appreciated, but is not required.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!