Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Hello I wanted to ask you as a follow up - I contacted his

Hello I wanted to ask you as a follow up - I contacted his lawyer and he talked to me very nicely. However when we spoke I mentioned to him that I will be on a business trip. Now he is coming back to me asking who will be with the baby while I am gone. I told him it is not for him to worry about and she is very well taken care of. which is absolutely the case. I have always been a bread winner in the family and am the one who was handling everything financially. What should I do? Hire a lawyer?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

I don't see why you would need to hire a lawyer at this point, but I did tell you that reaching out to the defense could backfire.

If your husband wants to make an issue of this, he can take you to family court and then you should get yourself a lawyer. For now though you are represented by the prosecutor and if he bothers you, you can make your displeasure known to the DA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can he make an issue out of this? Should I be letting his lawyer know who the baby is with? That's what the lawyer texted me "I'm not sure, however, why u would not want ur daughters father to know who is caring for her while u r gone. I'm sorry but, I think that is not only a reasonable request but necessary as a practical matter." What should I say? I am starting to realize that my husband wants only things that he wants for self. If I proceed with divorce do I have chances to get sole custody? I am not American and mAy need to move to Europe.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

You reached out to the defense lawyer and wanted his assistance. He conveyed that to his client, who has instructed him to get information from you. You opened this door.

Just don't respond to the text message. If your husband is that concerned about this, he can take the matter up in Family Court. Then you can get a lawyer and respond.

As for what your options are in Family Court, I think you ought to pose that question in the Family Court section of our site. They will be able to get more details from you on your marriage and give you a far better idea than I will about your custody options than I can.

If your husband
Experience: Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.