Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

How can my daughter contact the judge who put out a warrant

How can my daughter contact the judge who put out a warrant for her arrest on violation of probation in Lee County? She is currently in collier county jail and is looking for an expungement of her warrant for the time she is serving now.

The judge will not allow an ex-parte conversation, so she cannot talk to the judge. What she can do is contact the lawyer who stood on her case when she was sentenced to probation. He can let the judge and the DA know that she is in the custody and control of the state of Florida and the warrant should be lifted. At the very least, they can see that she gets credit for the time she is doing toward her VOP.

If they will not do that, she will be brought back to Lee County after she completes her sentence in Collier County. If it is a long enough sentence, it's possible that once she gets to Lee, she can get sentenced nunc pro tunc to the time she's already served.