Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

My husband just went to federal prison. He has a business

My husband just went to federal prison. He has a business that I am now running until he gets out. Will he get in trouble for answering any questions I might need to ask regarding this business? Basically, can he discuss any type of business related matters over the phone?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Typically a person who is incarcerated may lawfully discuss business matters over the telephone.

This means that provided that the matters that you discuss are not illegal in and of themselves and your husband has not been court ordered not to engage in the business, your husband may answer your questions regarding the business affairs

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.