LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

My daughter got a DUI in TN. She can get a restricted license

My daughter got a DUI in TN. She can get a restricted license if she has a calibration device put on her car. She moved to California into a Recovery House in mid-April. Is there any way that she can get the calibration device put on her car in California and get the restricted license there, since she is living there now?

Hello Vicki,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. I am honestly sorry for your daughter's circumstances, very much appreciate your patronage, and am glad to try and help out.

Unfortunately, she will have to resolve the matter in Tennessee. Here's the reason why. Each state exercises its own jurisdiction. In other words, California cannot and will substitute, so to speak, for Tennessee. Furthermore, pursuant to a nationwide compact, Tennessee has shared the information with California, which in turn will deny her a license. So, while I wish the law operated differently, it doesn't. The truthful botXXXXX XXXXXne is that she will have to take care of the matter pursuant to Tennessee law.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for your daughter. I also wish her the very best in her recovery.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

Hello Vicki,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Ben, J.D.