Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I have underage consumption charges on my record as an adult,

I have underage consumption charges on my record as an adult, will this prevent me from owning a firearm? I'm looking to get one, but I don't know if I'm allowed to with that on my record
Hello Jacustomer,

No, an underaged consumption charge would not cost you your firearms rights. To lose your gun rights, your crime would have to be one for which more than a year of jail was possible, which it is not, or it would have to be a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. You should be able to purchase a gun and clear a Federal check with no difficulty if that case is the only thing that could be in your way.

Good luck!