Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

After being turned down by our bank trying to secure a refinance

After being turned down by our bank trying to secure a refinance in 2010 i ran a credit check and learned to our dismay my husbands ex wife forged his signature on his sons student loan documents for a total of $89,000.00. My husband was listed as a co-maker of these accounts. Is there a statute of limitations in Massachusetts concerning this and what would the punishment be if convicted
Hello Jacustomer,

The statute of limitations on a forgery/fraud matter would be 6 years in Massachusetts.
The penalties for forgery in Massachusetts can be as much as ten years in prison.