Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

I plead guilt to aiding and abbedding in the distribution of

I plead guilt to aiding and abbedding in the distribution of cocaine in 1992 , I received 6 months with work release and 3 years of supervised probation , can I have this charge expunged in West Virginia

Thank you for the information and your question. Can you please tell me if you were convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony and also how old you were when convicted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I received a felony charge for crossing state lines from Maryland to West Virginia , I was 24 years old at the time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was 24 at the time and I received a felony for crossing state lines from Maryland to West Virginia .
Hello again and thank you for the additional information. If you mean by "received a felony charge" that you were actually convicted, then you are not eligible for a regular expungement in the State of WV. In order to qualify, the conviction must have been for a misdemeanor when the applicant was between the ages of 18 and 26. So, although you would qualify age wise, if you were convicted of a felony, it cannot be expunged. You can see the statute at:§ion=26

That said, you could have your felony conviction expunged if you first recieve a pardon from the Governor. You can see that statute by going to:§ion=16A

You can find out about how to apply for a Pardon and about the process by going to:

I would strongly urge you to hire a local criminal defense attorney who has a post-conviction practice to assist you in your pardon application and subsequent expungement application, if you do recieve a pardon.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.