ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Is it illegal to read or write a sexually explicit text that

Is it illegal to read or write a sexually explicit text that clearly has child pornography?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

No, it is not per se illegal. Written pornography obviously does not depict the actual abuse of children, and does not foster the market for such abuse, except in the sort of attenuated way that the Supreme Court has already found unconvincing. See Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition, 535 U.S. 234, 250 (2002). Even pornography that has the virtual abuse of children or adults that are acting as children is not illegal. Only that which depicts the actual abuse of children is illegal.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

Customer:

Thank you for your service, though I did not like the answer.