TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Is there an appropriate timeline for expecting the clerk of

Is there an appropriate timeline for expecting the clerk of court to have a copy of an arrest warrant with supporting documentation, such as the affidavit? In other words, if an arrest warrant was executed on April 15th would it be reasonable to expect that the clerk of court would be able to provide a copy of the affidavit by May 14th?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Yes, I would expect the affidavit to be available by May 14th. If it has not been provided, then I would take the issue to the judge to request that the judge compel the clerk or DA (whoever has it) to provide a copy of the affidavit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! XXXXX go to the clerk of court tomorrow and they tell me that they do not have the completed paperwork at this time (as they did our attorney today) what would you suggest I do? How do I take the issue to the judge - do I wait for my attorney to take action or is there something that an ordinary citizen can do to force an immediate response?

Hi again.

I would wait for the attorney to take action. The attorney knows the local customs in the court (each court is different). He will know how and when to react and what to do. You're paying him for his expertise, so I would rely on that expertise and wait for him to take the lead.