How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31501
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone was out on probation for armed robbery and raped me

This answer was rated:

Someone was out on probation for armed robbery and raped me and I accepting a plea for sexual contact. How much time total do you think he will receive for what he did to me and for violating probation?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Usually, for a probation violation, the person is ordered to serve the part of the sentence that was deferred in lieu of probation.

Also, the crime of sexual contact carries a maximum penalty of 18 months: Thus, that's the most he would be looking at. If he can take a plea, he could get a portion of that time, but what portion is hard to say since he's going to get revoked on his previous probation.
Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions