xavierjd
xavierjd, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
14261217

Can the State of Texas submit 2 motions to revoke probation

Can the State of Texas submit 2 motions to revoke probation for 2 different charges for the same violation?
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com. It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Unfortunately, if the new violation violates both of your probations, then the State CAN submit 1 motion for violation of each probation.

I wish that I could have given you a more positive answer, but the law is clear. It is not fair to you, and would be unethical of me to give you an answer "because it is one that you want to hear."

I do, however, hope you find this information useful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you for your business!

Xavierjd

Many customers have asked how they can specifically direct a question to me in the future. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "xavierjd” in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

***Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace the advice or assistance of an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you!

Hi CW,

Thank you so much for the "excellent service" rating! It is greatly appreciated and I am glad that you found the information useful.

If you have future questions, you can specifically request me by name as the expert.

Thanks again,

xavierjd