Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

was going 85+ or so the summons says. I admit I was going to

was going 85+ or so the summons says. I admit I was going to fast, as were most the people around me, but still that doesn't mean anything, what's wrong is wrong. This is my first moving violation in 10 years, no criminal record. I'm wondering if anyone knows what I can expect...I realize there is consequences from 100-300 fines, license suspension, even jail time. Do you think I would wind up with the worst case scenario? Anyone know from experience? Should I try to plea down to an infraction?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

You should only be looking at a fine and possibly points being assessed, but jail time should not be expected. Here's a good link that outlines the penalties for speeding and other violations. Look at page 46 to see what the penalties for speeding are:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think it likely that my license will be suspended? Any particular advice on pleading my case?

One ticket should not result in a license suspension. Instead, it usually takes 3 or more moving violations in a year to result in a suspension.

You likely can request to be allowed to attend a driving school or something and keep the ticket off of your record. You can speak to the prosecutor and judge about that. IF haven't had a ticket in the last 3 years, you should be eligible. You may still have to pay the fine, but at least you can keep the points and prevent the citation from being on your record.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

one last question. From what I understand in CT. this is a misdemeanor summons on reckless driving, will this likely result in a criminal record regardless of outcome?

Thank you!

IF you weren't arrested, and if you are allowed to go to driving school and aren't found guilty, then there should be no record of this. However, if you are convicted, there would be a record of this on your driving record.