Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

i know i cant go close up to 100 yard to my wife and kids due

i know i cant go close up to 100 yard to my wife and kids due to a rstraining order. but, what if my wife comes to me? do i get in trouble?

Based on the facts as you have stated them, it sounds like the restraining order is in place against you, not against her. As such, only you can be accused of violating the restraining order, not her. Meaning, if she were to come near you, you could "get in trouble" while she would not. As such, I would certainly encourage you to avoid her at all costs, regardless of whether she initiates the contact.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im just giving a scenario here just for me to understand better.. If she comes to me i'll get in trouble?

You could, yes. A restraining order prohibits all contact, regardless of who initiates that contact.

.
.
.
.