Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

Is it illegal to buy phentermine off a online pharmacy? I Received

Is it illegal to buy phentermine off a online pharmacy? I
Received a call yesterday....he said he was a Special Agent
Mark Trival who is conducting a ongoing criminal investigation
For purchasing online medication illegally. He said he has a search
Warrent and a arrest warrant! He said it would be in my best
Interest to call him! I have not called him back as of yet. Could this
Be real????

Thank you for the information and your question. It is most definitely illegal to purchase phentermine online without a valid prescription from your doctor. That means a face to face doctor who has actually examined you. In other words, online doctors on the online pharmacy website don't qualify. If you do have an actual prescription from your local doctor that you used to purchase the product online from a U.S. pharmacy, then it would be legal. You can see a statement by the DEA about this issue at: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He rattled of a badge # XXXXX well but he said it so fast
I was unable to get it! The # XXXXX left to call him was out of state like
California! It has been well over a year since I
Purchased from a online pharmacy, had no idea I was
Doing anything wrong. Could this be call be the real deal or a scam?
Hello again and thank you for the reply. I have no idea if this call was real or a scam, however, it is against the law, as I described, so it could be real. What I would recommend is that you not call him back. It won't help you to call them and give a statement because not knowing the law is not a defense. So, if you admit that you did it, you are self-incriminating yourself. So, better to sit back and wait to see if you are arrested. If not, then unless you receive an actual letter from the DEA, you can assume that this is some sort of scam. But again, your order, if not as a result of a face to face doctor's prescription, would have been illegal. You do not want to admit you did that to the DEA.

If they contact you in person or via a letter, you will want to immediately consult with a local criminal law attorney who handles Federal criminal cases.