Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

what was Virginias legal limit in 2003 and 2004

what was Virginia's legal limit in 2003 and 2004
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what "legal limit" you are asking about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry BAC

Hello again,

Thank you for that clarification. The BAC legal limit cut off has been .08 since 1994. So it would have still been .08 in the years you asked about. You can see when the law was changed from .10 to .08 in 1994 by going to: XXXXX XXXXX REMOVED?941+ful+CHAP0359

Let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The URL provided says "Dangerous URL"

That's odd, since it comes straight from the Virginia statute site. Sorry about that. I just tried to send to another link from Virginia statutes and it keeps copying as a dangerous link, so I have copied the statute below when it was changed in 1994.

§ 18.2-266. Driving motor vehicle, engine, etc., while intoxicated, etc.

It shall be unlawful for any person to drive or operate any motor vehicle, engine or train (i) while such person has a blood alcohol concentration of 0.100.08 percent or more by weight by volume or 0.08 grams or more per 210 liters of breath as indicated by a chemical test administered as provided in this article, (ii) while such person is under the influence of alcohol, (iii) while such person is under the influence of any narcotic drug or any other self-administered intoxicant or drug of whatsoever nature, or any combination of such drugs, to a degree which impairs his ability to drive or operate any motor vehicle, engine or train safely, or (iv) while such person is under the combined influence of alcohol and any drug or drugs to a degree which impairs his ability to drive or operate any motor vehicle, engine or train safely.

For the purposes of this section, the term "motor vehicle" shall includeincludes mopeds, while operated on the public highways of this Commonwealth.

Chris,

I wanted to make sure you got my last response, since it appears you did not read the answer. I apologize for the confusion. This was my post:

Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law