Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can i get money removed from a traffic fine while i am serving

Customer Question

Can i get money removed from a traffic fine while i am serving time in jail in the state of pa
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Would you mind sharing with me the basis for which the fine imposed needs to be removed? Was this a situation when you were unable to respond to the citation as a result of being incarcerated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes she is serving 1-2 years in a state prison and has 2000 dollars in dui and driving without a licesne
Both of those are criminal offenses and would have needed to go before a Judge, to resolve. Are you saying that the Judge did impose the fines and court costs and she now can not pay as a result of being in jail? I am just trying to figure out why the money needs to be removed.
Hi Thomas. I never heard back from you and just wanted to see if you had a chance to respond. Thank you.