Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

what are the laws regarding recording of conversations.

JD 1992 :

Hello and welcome back to JustAnswer. I'm am expert here and will be assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

Is there a specific question I could assist you with?

Customer:

I just would like to know what the laws are regarding the recording of conversations via phone and in person?

JD 1992 :

There are different laws in different states. Are you asking about Texas?

Customer:

yes

JD 1992 :

Texas is what is known as a "one party consent" state. That means that a person can record a conversation either live or over the telephone so long as they are a party to the conversation.

JD 1992 :

Still there?

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will exit so I can assist other customers. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions that you have in this thread. However, please don't issue a rating until our interaction is complete and all of your questions have been answered.

Customer:

I am so sorry. So if I am recording a phone conversation, does that mean I am the only one that MUST know as long as I AM a party to the conversation. Ex: recording a call between you and I, I wouldn't have to tell you because I am a party to the call, correct.

JD 1992 :

No problem. That is correct, you can record without telling the other party if you are a party to the conversation.

Customer:

Thanks so much!

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is a Def Adj considered a conviction?
For what purpose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Employment. Just need to advise my son on how to answer that.
No. It is not a conviction for that purpose, assuming that probation was successfully completed. The court specifically withholds a finding of guilt and withholds a conviction.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you again so much for your help.
You're very welcome.