Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I had a dui in 2004.I am trying to get my liscense . I have

I had a dui in 2004.I am trying to get my liscense . I have just payed all my fines.when I went to court, I never received any paperwork. I plead guilty to a mistermeanor to all three charges, following to close, driving with suspended liscense,and dui.went to probation intake and that is all I ever heard. I would call my bail bondsman weekly for updates and they never had any information. I was never contacted by a probation person. I even had my 2 broward sherrif friends see what they could find out.noboby was able to help me.its now almost 9yrs later. I don't know what to do
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you have paid all of your fines, then you need to contact the DMV, because you have to satisfy all of their requirements for reinstatement of your license. DMV has additional requirements, such as classes and SR-22 (high risk) insurance in order to reinstate your license after a DUI.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”