SmithEsq
SmithEsq, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced practicing criminal lawyer ready to answer your questions regarding charges, laws, bail and more.

I just needed to know if I have a case and what type lawyer

Customer Question

I just needed to know if I have a case and what type lawyer should I be looking for. A rent to own company sold an item to someone who had stole my ID and used it to get the item. The person never fully paid for the item and I had to deal with being locked up, and charged with a felony.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.

SmithEsq :

Hi

SmithEsq :

I'm a licensed attorney and will be answering your question, with your inpit

SmithEsq :

input

SmithEsq :

I will be switching the format to question and answer so that I can write to you when you are not here and you can respond using the box below.

SmithEsq :

Please do not rate me until you are satisfied

SmithEsq :

I need to know, have you been arraigned on your charges? (Seen the judge and been told your charges?) If so, there should have been a lawyer there to explain what was going on, etc. That would have been the public defender. If you cannot afford to hire a private criminal defense attorney, you should call the public defender's office and seek representation. You should not speak in court or in front of law enforcement from this point on without having first talked to a lawyer or with a lawyer present.

SmithEsq : Based on the info you have provided, you have an one felony case. You need to go to court as get the following info: our next court date, the name of your lawyer, a list of your charges, and a copy of the complaint against you. You need to get this info from the lerk in the courthouse. Do this ASAP because you don't know when your court date is and you might miss it, which would result in a warrant for you. If this answers your question, please be so kind as to rate the answer positively, as it is the ONLY way I get credit for my work. Ask me anything in the box below. You can ask follow up questions even once you have rated. Thank you for letting me help you today.
Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.
It says the question ran out of time, honestly, I feel I gave you a good answer and would very much appreciate it if you would rate it positively so I get credit for all the time and effort I put into it. If you have further questions, contact the category moderator and ask that it be reopened. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As for the felony case, it was Nolle Prosse by the prosecution, The the felony charge as been dismissed. I just wanted to know if I had a case against my accuser to sue them; because they are the one's who sold goods to another person under my stolen ID; which was not altered in any way.

Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.
You want to sue the evildoers civilly? On what grounds, that you did jail time? I'm trying to think of what area of law you would have a claim. What tort was committed to you by them that would hold water. I want to get back to you. As I stated, this question is timed out. If you want to continue you must contact the moderator and ask that it be reopened. Let me know what you want to do.