Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

My US passport expires on August 10, 2013. Im right now in

My US passport expires on August 10, 2013. Im right now in the Philippines and wil go back to the US on May 19,2013. Do I still need to renew my passport?

Thank you for the information and your question. As long as your passport is still valid, then under U.S. law, you can travel on your U.S. Passport to the U.S. However, there are some airlines that require that there be at least 6 months left on a passport before they will allow someone to fly internationally. So, you will need to check with the airline you are planning on traveling with what their ticket and boarding rules are. That is not a law, just their individual procedures. If you find that you do need to renew it, you can find out how to accomplish that in the Philippines by going to: http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.