Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

If I was convicted of a sex crime and wrongfully convicted.

If I was convicted of a sex crime and wrongfully convicted. Can I get it off of my record and how?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately, Minnesota law specifically prohibits a person from having a conviction for a sex offense from having the conviction expunged. Minn. Stat., Section 609A.02. That means that the only option is to apply for a pardon. There is a ten year waiting period following a person's release from parole. In 2010, the parole board granted 17 of 45 petitions that were received. What that means is that the pardon is not guaranteed. This site has more information on the process, as well as some sample petitions.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Isnt there a way to make it so the fbi and the tsa cannot see the conviction?

TSA isn't usually going to look at a person's criminal record in the ordinary course of going through the boarding process.

Unfortunately, the only way to seal criminal records or prevent them from being viewed is to go through the expungement process. There isn't any other way to do it for people who don't qualify for expungement. I'm sorry.