LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
58185682

In 08 I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer. Although I tried

In 08 I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer. Although I tried to keep our house I lost it.By09, I was homeless and hopelesslly depressed. B4 mom's death she told her executor to use monies from her estate to pay off my debt at a university in MD.I lived in a car and stayed around the campus BC I no longer had any family in MD, and BC I had a small support system there.I fell asleep at the library 1 night ;got trespass charge.I have no priors and now live in SC. My ?can I file a motion for dismisal
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

Based upon the situation that you have described, there really is no legal basis upon which to ask the court to dismiss the charges. However your situation is very sympathetic and may just compel the prosecutor or the court to consider dismissing the charges. Especially since you no longer reside in the area.

What I would suggest that you do is to find out who the prosecutor is and write them a very detailed letter explaining what happened leading up to charges and what your current situation is. Provide any supporting documents you may have. Ask the prosecutor if they would consider amending the charge to one that would not require a court appearance so you could pay a modest fine and court costs. Or perhaps they if they would agree to dismiss the charge if payed the court costs. If you have avoided trouble for the last 4 years, they may decide to do the right thing. Also copy the court on your letter and send them a copy. Sometimes judges can persuade the prosecutor to do the "right" thing.

Good Luck.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

_________________________________________________________________
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks for your consideration. In your opinion, what is the best way to find out who the prosecutor is?

Call the court and ask, they generally will give you contact information. I suggested you write, because it is my experience they generally will not return calls or talk to pro se litigants on the phone very often.