Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

i used to live in michigan and got an owi 3 years ago. i just

i used to live in michigan and got an owi 3 years ago. i just moved to ohio. will i have to get the owi plates?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

yes

Alex Esquire :

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

Alex Esquire :

Did you complete your sentence for this OWI?

Customer:

oh, thanks.

Customer:

yes, as of the summer of 2010

Alex Esquire :

Is this the only OWI conviction that you have on your record?

Alex Esquire :

or DUI, or any drug / alcohol related driving conviction?

Customer:

yes. it happened in march of 2010, i paid all the fees etc. i was just curious if it will transfer states

Customer:

i only habe the 1 conviction on my record

Customer:

*have

Alex Esquire :

Were you ordered to have a DUI plate in Michigan by the judge?

Customer:

no

Alex Esquire :

great

Customer:

as far as i know, michigan does not have the plates, but ohio does.

Alex Esquire :

Well, in OHIO the yellow DUI license plate is generally not ordered on the first conviction and since you were not ordered by the judge to have such license plate in Michigan, you would not be required to have one in OHIO

Alex Esquire :

So, no need to worry about that.

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense

Customer:

ok. good. i may have messed up and made a bad decision, but i didnt want to be "punished" any further by having the plates

Customer:

and that more than makes sense. thank you!

Customer:

thank you for your time and information

Alex Esquire :

Thank you and please click on the excellent service rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

I wish you the best of luck and GOD bless you!

Customer:

you as well

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor