Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have a criminal charge for domestic violence against me.

Customer Question

I have a criminal charge for domestic violence against me. I am going Pro Se. I want to arrange my hearing in the chambers of the judge, instead of the court room. What is the procedures in doing this?? I live in Texas
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

What is reason you want the hearing held in judge's chambers? Also what does the hearing concern?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Domestic violence case. I also am going through a divorce with the women who alleged the domestic violence. She is using this as leverage in the custody case. My wife has Psyhological issues ( which has been proven). I have over 8 police reports involving my wife throughout the past 6 years where she has been violent towards various people. I understand her mental issue and do not want to upset her. She is a diagnosed Narcissist and becomes quite violent when her ego is bruised. She currently has custody of my daugther and I dont want her eracted behavior to possible harm my daugther. This is why I want the case to be heard in the judges chamber.

Are you concerned your wife is going to bring your daughter to court for the criminal trial?

How old is your daughter?

Was she present during the alleged incident that gave rise to the charge or does she have knowledge of relevant factors?