Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

I have a bench warrant for not going to court, for almost a

I have a bench warrant for not going to court, for almost a year ago. Since learning about it, I want to go get the warrant taken care of. I have no bond. I am not trying to go to jail and have to wait for an arraigment. I am pro se in the case. Is theres a way to Squash a warrant without having to hire an attorney. Can I file the paper work myself??

A Motion to Quash the warrant can be filed with the court. It can be filed pro se. Such a motion sets out the reasons that the warrant should be quashed and requests that the judge set a new court date and issue a summons in lieu of a warrant. Some clerk's offices even have a preprinted Motion to Quash that you can fill in. You would have to contact the clerk's office to find out if they do. Otherwise you will have to draft your own. As with all motions, a copy must be sent to the prosecutor's office in addition to the copy filed with the court.