Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

I have 2 DUIs in Georgia from 2010. But now Ive switched

I have 2 DUI's in Georgia from 2010. But now I've switched my license over to another state. So do those DUI's stay on my record for 10yrs as Georgia law says? Because the state I'm in it only stays for 5.

Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me what you are referring to when you say "stay on" your record? Do you mean can be used to combine with a new DUI for more punishment or what? What State are you license in now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes can it be combined for punishment. Mississippi license

Hello again and thank you for that clarification. Actually Georgia's look back period is only 5 years not 10 years. You can see the statute at:

But even if it was 10 years, the law that would actually apply is the State where you would get another DUI. So, for example, if you get a DUI in Mississippi, then Mississippi look back law applies, not the law where your got your previous convictions.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.