Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

If a minor threatened to punch my son in the face, is that

If a minor threatened to punch my son in the face, is that considered assault and or criminal act in Illinois?
Hello and thank you for requesting me.

The answer is yes, this would be considered a criminal act.

Assault is the action/statement that puts one into far of being physically harmed.

Under § 720 ILCS 5/12-1, the definition in Illinois is:

Sec. 12-1. Assault. (a) A person commits an assault when, without lawful authority, he engages in conduct which places another in reasonable apprehension of receiving a battery.

Now, being a minor, if charged, the disposition of the case is normally in juvenile court.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.