TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I have a friend in Virginia that just got out of prison and

I have a friend in Virginia that just got out of prison and he just got arrested for drunk in public can he be sent back to prison?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Under what circumstances was your friend released from prison? Was he paroled, or did he serve his full sentence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think he was paroled

Hi again. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I didn't realize that you had responded immediately after my question before I logged off for the evening.

I'm sorry to say that there is a very good chance that your friend violated the terms of his parole and will go back to prison. But he should talk to his parole officer to see whether the parole officer will recommend such action. Has your friend spoken to his parole officer?