How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex girlfriend was cheating on me and tried contacting her

This answer was rated:

My ex girlfriend was cheating on me and tried contacting her on several occasions. And now she has sent an Notice to cease contact to me and if i try to contact her she will take further action.
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of the circumstances you've described. So that I may better assist, please clarify: what is your actual question that you'd like assistance with? What information are you seeking from JustAnswer?

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I received a legal notice to cease all communication. I was cheated by a girl after 2 and half years of relationship with someone who she was telling as a friend all this while and as a loyal partner i kept helping her through her problems. I have helped her financially and emotionally all this while. When I needed some help from her she chose infidelity and started cheating on me. She contacted me to say sorry for dumping me but i later came to know that cheating was real reason for it. I tried contacting her on several occasions but she never responded. Now i have been sent a Notice to cease all the communication.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX that part. What I do not understand, however, is what is your question? If she wants you to stop contacting her, then you have to stop contacting her, right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to know if there is any law for me take any action for infidelity. Are loyal people always get grilled in this country.

Thank you for that important clarification. That is very helpful.

The answer to your question is that there is no legal action that you can take against her for cheating on you.

What she did is immoral but not illegal. Even if you had been married at the time, the only thing you could do is file for divorce -- nothing more.

I am very sorry for the break up of your relationship and how you were treated. It's most unfortunate. However, no legal action can be taken over it under the current laws.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a last question for you. I have received a notice to cease communication. Will it affect my career while applying for job. I am a young graduate and will it be considered as felony and show up in my job background check.

That notice will not affect your career.

If you do continue to contact her, however, you could be charged with criminal harassment -- then that would affect your job search.

Right now, you're fine. Just don't contact her anymore.

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What if she ever tries to contact me somewhere in future will i still be charged?

No, not at all.

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answers. I will never have any relationship in my life ever.

You are most welcome. Sorry that things ended this way. At least she can't hurt you anymore.

Please do not forget to click on excellent service feedback so that we are credited for assisting you.

~~ J.B.
JB Umphrey and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions