Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Can a 23 year old boy be dating a 17 year old girl and they

Can a 23 year old boy be dating a 17 year old girl and they be having sexual conduct!

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : In Minnesota, the age of consent is 16. In some rare cases the age is increased to 18 if the other person is her teacher, coach, psychologist, or other authority figure.
Customer:

they are not

Customer:

so a 17 year old can be seeing a 23 year old with out being charged with anything

Customer:

even if it turns into a sexual relationship

Kirk Adams : Yes. The age of consent is the legal age that a person can consent to having sexual relations with another. So, as long as the person is at least 16, there's nothing illegal about it.
Customer:

thank you