RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

Im a first time offender with an absolutely spotless record

I'm a first time offender with an absolutely spotless record and was caught with paraphenalia in the state of alabama. I wasnt arrested but the lead agent just told me to call her tomorrow morning. As a first time offender does anyone what I might face? I know it is a misdemeanor.
Thank you for your question.

You are correct, it is a misdemeanor, and punishable by a maximum of up to a year in jail and/or up to a $2,000. As a first offender though, on such a minor charge, the likelyhood of you doing any jail time is very, very slim. What is much more likely is if you are convicted would be that you get probation, which can include things like reporting to a probation officer, a drug class, random drug testing, community service, and a fine.

You can see the code here.

I know that agent said to call them tomorrow, but I would not speak to the police without first speaking to a local criminal lawyer in your area (many offer free or low cost consultations). Remember that anything you tell this officer can be used against you in court, so be careful what you say, and do not put anything in writing.