Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I was arrested for third degree assault 13 years ago but charges

I was arrested for third degree assault 13 years ago but charges were dropped. It now is showing up on my record due to a new fingerprint company when it use to not show up. I am applying for teaching duties and have nothing else on my record. How do I get that removed from my record?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Because the charges against you were dropped, you can receive an expungement to erase the arrest records from your record. Even though you weren't convicted, the arrest still would be there. However, an expungement will clear this off of your record and out of the public eye.

Here's a good link you can read: http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/criminal-records-expungement/missouri.htm