Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Hello. Recently I was detained because someone issued a court

Hello. Recently I was detained because someone issued a court ordered detaining order stating that I was a danger to myself and others around me. However, the information they provided to obtain this order was false. They said I pulled a gun on someone else AND them. Later I had a 2 separate conversations (which I recorded) with this individual in which they confess that they were not at the place where this supposed gun was pulled at the time it was SUPPOSEDLY pulled. The other individual who says the gun was pulled has credibility issues to say the least. Am I going to be able to press charges because they gave false information to get the detaining order issued. Is this perjury?

Please tell me who the statement about you was made to?

Was this a court order to have you placed under observation in a hospital or were you arrested and questioned? What exactly, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Her official statement on the court ordered document to detain me was: he pulled a gun on mother and brother. The recordings I have she confesses she was not there at the time the supposed gun was pulled. The court order was to detain me for mental evaluation at the hospital, which if they deemed me mentally a danger to myself and others they could hold me for as long as they deemed necessary.

Yes, it appears it could be perjury.

I suggest you do as instructed and speak to the head of Probate Court and then see if they will issue perjury charges.

If not, then the other thing you can consider is a defamation lawsuit since they told a lie that obviously was with the intent to harm your good character. Of course, you will want to be sure the person has some assets to collect if you win such a civil suit because if the juice is not worth the squeeze you will not find a local attorney to help you

I am sorry that someone told such a lie about you and that you had to endure this matter.

I think I have answered your question. Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything