Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

If you were presumed innocent of all charges how do you get

If you were presumed innocent of all charges how do you get something removed from your file/CCAP

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Wisconsin law allows a person who was found to be not guilty of criminal charges to request the return of his fingerprint card, which results in the information being removed from his record. Here is the form, with instructions.

If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a fee? If so how much?
No, there's not a fee for the form. If he is going to visit a law enforcement agency to get the required fingerprint done, you may want to call the local office to see if they charge for the fingerprint. Otherwise, you only have to pay for the stamp to mail the forms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I guess he was told he has to wait 7 years. Is this true? Is there any tome frame he has to wait?
The statute does not list any waiting person when a person is not convicted of the crime. Wis. Stat., Section 165.84(1) (It's the last sentence of the first sub-section).