How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3111
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

here's something you could have responded with that might be more informative to your future clients.
Practice Advisory:
Immigration Consequences of a Plea to Calif. H&S § 11357(b),
Now an Infraction
Angie Junck, Immigrant Legal Resource
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Thank you. I will read it and look it over. Do you have a question you would like answered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm going to ask for a continuance of my TRC until I get access to the Discovery material that the DA has denied me access to. I've served an Informal Request for Discovery and haven't received a response in the 15 days allotted. Tommorrow I'm going to serve and file a Notice Of Motion For Compliance With Informal Discovery. Is it all right to send this by mail to both the DA and the court clerk? I'm also going to send a Declaration In Support Of Motion For Compliance With Informal Discovery and another form called Points And Authorities In Support Of Motion For Compliance With Informal Discovery. These latter two will go the court clerk as well.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
At this point it is more of a criminal procedure question, not an immigration question. So it really isn't my area of expertise. If you like, I can Opt Out and transfer it to the criminal law section. Is that ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's fine.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Will do. Please stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is this going to cost me more money?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
No, it will not. Just a little patience is all until the question is transferred and a criminal law expert answers you. No need to respond to this because it could delay the process. Thank you.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's a done deal- got my continuation.