Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

i am poa and my father made it clear to me that he did want

i am poa and my father made it clear to me that he did want his step daughter in his will or have anything from him, but i see her name is XXXXX XXXXX cds, never did change them. as poa should i honor his wish or leave it.

Hi

Thank you for posting your question here on Just Answer. I will be the Pro providing you with information in this regard.

You cannot change his will even as his POA. If you have witnesses to his wish and you want to consider changing the CD's then I suggest you may want to take your witness and discuss this with other family members or at least the executor named in his will.

I suggest that sometimes people say things they do not mean and if it was something he really wanted done, wouldn't he have seen it to completion? You know your Father and if he would have meant it. I do not.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

And I think I have answered your question. But if you need more information, please let me know. by posting it here.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may
get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close
the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A
Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where
you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am the executor and he did change his will not to include her which is in his will.in writing it was intentional. what i am asking if i as poa should follow his wishes and take her off the cds. he is not able to make any decisions anymore and i have been using for poa now for months.

Hi

I see

Thank you for the clarification. If you are the executor and the POA then I suggest that would be consistent with his desires as per his Will. And therefore, you would want to take the WIll to the bank and make those changes on the CDs in the name of the persons he preferred.

you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should that be done before he passes or after? we are now spending up to 84000. a year for his care in a nursing home, so there may be money or not. and if after he passes is it legal.

Hi

You would want to do it before he passes away. Otherwise it would need to be distributed to the person who owns it ie the step daughter.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the other half, just wanted to know what I should do, if legal or not. if I could do it if I wanted to. if I even want to get involved in it.

Hi

You have the authority to do it as the POA.

Good luck