Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

I plead guilty to possesion of a class 2 controlled substance,

I plead guilty to possesion of a class 2 controlled substance, received 5 years - suspended, 3 years probation - was released from probation after 2 years with no infractions. Am I a convicted felon ?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A misdemeanor is any crime punishable by up to one year in jail. If you were sentenced to five years in a state penitentiary, you were most likely convicted of a felony. Also, the statute provides that possession of more than 1/10 of a gram, or more than one dose, of a Schedule II substance is a felony. MS Code, Section 41-29-139.

The best way to be sure is to order a copy of your criminal record from the state. You can also call the court where you were tried to get a copy of the records. It sounds very much like you were convicted of a felony (especially if the amount was more than 1/10 gram), but it's best to be sure.,0,206.html

If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.