Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

My ex wife just got sentenced to 10 years in prison. How long

My ex wife just got sentenced to 10 years in prison. How long will it take to transport her out of the county jail.

Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, there is no definite answer to your question. First, for purposes of financial prudence, the prison system does not typically transport a single individual. Instead, they usually wait until they have a dozen or so inmates to transport, this is just much cheaper for them. Additionally, for security reasons, they do not make it known when they will be transporting inmates. For these reasons, it is impossible to state with certainty when your wife will be transported. However, as a reasonable expectation, I would suggest somewhere between ten days and about three weeks.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.