Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

When I was younger, I had a lot of tickets and didnt pay them. I recently hired an a

Customer Question

When I was younger, I had a lot of tickets and didn't pay them. I recently hired an attorney and thought he took care of everything, but am discovering otherwise. How do I find out if I have any warrants out?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
The easiest way to find out if someone has warrants outstanding is to contact the local sheriff or police department and inquire directly. I would suggest calling them and seeing if they would disclose that information over the phone rather than in person so as to avoid arrest if you did have anything outstanding.
.
Depending on your city, there may also be an online warrant searchable database. If you do a search for "arrest warrant search" and your city in TX, you may be able to search online. Most larger cities like Austin have this database online.
.
If they wouldn't disclose that information over the phone, you could likely have a local attorney contact them to inquire on your behalf.
.
If the tickets were for minor traffic violations, not criminal offenses, then the court may not have issued a bench warrant. It would be more likely that they would issue an order to suspend your license until they were addressed.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.