Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Can an online Vendors sell cannabis to medical MJ clubs?

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Ely. Welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you wish to hear. Note: there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and I am afraid that this is one of these times.

The answer is yes, but the shipping is extremely limited, I am afraid. This is because while marijuana may be legalized in California and some other states, it is still illegal in most jurisdictions and under federal law.

The United States Post Office follows federal law, and thus, may confiscate the shipment. Furthermore, the marijuana should not be sent outside of California, as this means crossing state lines with an illegal product.

However, marijuana can be shipped using a private carrier and only within California. Provided that this is done, then, it is legal and some dispensers are already doing this.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

IMPORTANT: Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces before submitting the rating, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating. My ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What if im providing the the cannabis to the despenceries......I guess i'm looking for a way to do it online, mostly legally.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up, friend.

Ah, I see. The issue here is that while dispensers are allowed to send the product to customers, it is still a gray area when it comes to how they are getting their product. The law looks the other way as individuals sell their product to the dispensaries, but this is done unofficially and not in limelight. I am afraid that due to the current instability and ever-shifting legal policies of the state, it is currently not advisable to send marijuana to a dispenser as a grower. The dispenser can ship the marijuana to a patient because they have a legal permit to do so as a dispenser.

You may be able to get a legal permit to grow, but, there is no legal permit to send it via mail as a grower and the authorities may intercept that shipment, I am afraid.

Again, surely you prefer that I be honest in my answer – please remember that rating negatively due to receiving bad news still hurts the expert – it is simply the way that the system is set up. Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How About the other States?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
This would depend on which state?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Colorado

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, T.

The same applies in CO.

In the state of CO, it is legal to possess for people age twenty-one or older provided the amount is under 1 ounce (28.5 grams). It is legal to consume within private residence, but not in public.

Drugs may only be dispensed at designated locations.

Shipping in CO is possible by dispensaries using private shippers inside the state only, but, not by growers.