Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

ra- es

Customer Question

My 16 year old son slapped his girlfriend, who is 15. Her mom pressed 3rd degree battery charges on him. What should i do? What could his punishment be? We live in arkansas.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer.

I am the Professional who will be providing you information today

Remember, I can only answer what you ask and if you have follow up questions, please post them here

You ask

What should i do? What could his punishment be?

Answer

This charge is a considered a Class A Misdemeanor. And as such the possible penalty is up to one year in jail and/or a fine not to exceed $25,000

Because your son is a juvenile, and if this is a first offense, I suggest that he could havve the sentence suspended. And be fined but not to the Max. However, he will carry the misdemeanor record with him as this is considered a Domestic Violence crime.

I suggest, because of the severe penalties that could be imposed you will want to have a local attorney represent your son. You do not want to allow or risk your son representing himself.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

And I think I have answered your question. But if you need more information, please let me know. by posting it here.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In research in arkansas law, this is not the level of punishment for a juvenile. This information is misleading. This is the information for an adule.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.
Hello

It is not misleading and while your son is a juvenile, he could be sentenced to a juvenile faciltiy for a year.

Thank You and good luck with everything