Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My 16 year old son slapped his girlfriend, who is 15. Her

Customer Question

My 16 year old son slapped his girlfriend, who is 15. Her mom pressed 3rd degree battery charges on him. What should i do? What could his punishment be? We live in arkansas.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer.

I am the Professional who will be providing you information today

Remember, I can only answer what you ask and if you have follow up questions, please post them here

You ask

What should i do? What could his punishment be?

Answer

This charge is a considered a Class A Misdemeanor. And as such the possible penalty is up to one year in jail and/or a fine not to exceed $25,000

Because your son is a juvenile, and if this is a first offense, I suggest that he could havve the sentence suspended. And be fined but not to the Max. However, he will carry the misdemeanor record with him as this is considered a Domestic Violence crime.

I suggest, because of the severe penalties that could be imposed you will want to have a local attorney represent your son. You do not want to allow or risk your son representing himself.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

And I think I have answered your question. But if you need more information, please let me know. by posting it here.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close the question and it will always be available for follow ups. A Rating will only close a CHAT and then convert it to a QA where you can always access it.

Thank You and good luck with everything
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In research in arkansas law, this is not the level of punishment for a juvenile. This information is misleading. This is the information for an adule.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Hello

It is not misleading and while your son is a juvenile, he could be sentenced to a juvenile faciltiy for a year.

Thank You and good luck with everything