How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 29302
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Wi. where thjey dont have bail bondsman. I s it

This answer was rated:

I live in Wi. where thjey don't have bail bondsman. I s it legale to go through a bail bondsman from Mn.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What WIsconsin law says is that no person may be compensated for posting a bond. That means that it is illegal for you to pay any person to post a bond in the state of Wisconsin. The law also requires that anyone that post bond be a resident of the state, which effectively prevents a person from going out of state to find a bondsman.

You may want to look into whether you can take out a loan to get the $5,000. Just be sure that your sister will agree to repay you, preferably in writing, before posting the bond, whether the bond is returned by the courts or not.

If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you