Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

I was charged with disorderly conduct 647 j 2 misdemeanor.

I was charged with disorderly conduct 647 j 2 misdemeanor. I have no previous arrests whatsoever and this is my first time. What are the penalties for this offense. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

yes

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex Esquire :

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Customer:

Alex...can you help with the question above .

Alex Esquire :

Can you briefly tell me what happened that lead to your arrest for this voyeurism related charge?

Customer:

I was in the escalator and there was a girl in a mini-skirt . I took a video while she was going up then a man going down the escalator saw me with the camera and told the lady that I was taking a video of her. I did not know what crossed my mind to be tempted in doing it at that time.

Alex Esquire :

thank you for your follow up.

Alex Esquire :

Was police called? Did you make any admissions to the police did you allow police to search or take your cell phone?

Customer:

Yup. I admitted and told the police what happened. They kept my cellphone as evidence. Please help.

Alex Esquire :

Well, the fact that you have confessed to this crime and permitted police to search and take your cell phone is really unfortunate.

Alex Esquire :

Were you arrested and taken to jail or were you given a criminal citation?

Customer:

I was arrested and taken to jail. I was given a citation ticket to appear in court a few hours later and released because I have no previous arrest or criminal record.

Alex Esquire :

Did you have to post bond? When is your court hearing? When did the arrest take place?

Customer:

No bond was posted but I have to go to court. The court hearing is on April 26 2013 . The arrest was made last March 29, 2013.

Alex Esquire :

Well, this crime carries a penalty of up to 1 year in jail and various fines and court costs upon conviction.

Alex Esquire :

However, you would need to consult with a local criminal defense attorney and even though the evidence against you are extremely strong, with the confession and the confiscated cell phone, containing the video, it might still be possible for your local criminal attorney to get you into deferred prosecution program as a first time offender.

Alex Esquire :

What is your age?

Customer:

Are there any remedies...the cop told me that since it was a misdemeanor that they would just give me community service or can the jail term reduced. 37

Alex Esquire :

Well, since you had never been in any type of criminal trouble, it might be possible for an experienced local attorney to negotiate a plea of deferred prosecution for this crime, which would not only will allow you to stay out of jail, but once you complete your sentence, which is usually probation, community service and fines, your case would be dismissed and you would not have a criminal conviction on your record. However you do need to consult and retain an very experienced local criminal attorney to represent you in your case.

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

Do you know of anybody in my area who can help me Alex? Please??? I am so desperate and stressed out about this situation right now. I am not a bad person. I am an Accountant by profession.

Alex Esquire :

I completely understand an sometimes good people have lapse of judgment and do some things that might be illegal.

Alex Esquire :

I also understand how frustrated and stressed out you must be, however try to relax and compose yourself as much as you can, as worrying about this issue will only prevent you from thinking clearly and from moving forward in the right direction past this unfortunate legal issue.

Alex Esquire :

I am not permitted to provide JustAnswer.com customers with direct referrals to a specific lawyer or law firm, but You can find a local experienced and established local criminal defense attorney by using these well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

www.martindale.com
www.lexmundi.com
www.justia.com
www.lawyers.com

Customer:

Thank you so much for the encouraging advice Alex despite my situation . I hope to be in touch with the right lawyer from the list you gave me. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Keep up the good work and I truly appreciate in all honesty your help on this matter.

Alex Esquire :

Thank you for your kind words, they truly mean a lot to me. Please don't let this difficult situation get you down, as this too shall pass and as I said, given the fact that you are a professional guy with no prior criminal history, it would be extremely unlikely that you would have to face any time in jail, as long as you have a skilled criminal attorney representing you.

Alex Esquire :

I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you and please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

Customer:

Ok. How do i save this chat by the way. Thanks.

Alex Esquire :

You can simply copy and paste it into Mword

Customer:

Ok. Thanks.

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor