Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor

i got off probation 3/29/13 and looking for answers as to when

Customer Question

i got off probation 3/29/13 and looking for answers as to when i get off city probation, all terms done and all fines paid, im still calling the # XXXXX testing everyday even though it never gets called, i am wondering when i am done, should i even be calling the #?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
If your probation ended last week, why are you concerned with reporting in? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The probation officer left for another job, the new po seemed clueless saying she thinks she has to send a slip to the judge to sign and mail out to me.
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

If, in fact, your probation has been completed, then there is no need for any further check ins. Having said that, you clearly need to know for certain that the probationary period has ended. Did you have an attorney? If so, you can check with him as he will surely be able to answer your question. If not, then you might consider calling the new PO once every week or so to get an answer. Then, once you know with certainty that your probationary period has ended, you can then stop checking in.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.