Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A Township Supervisior intruded onto our posted "No Trespassing"

Customer Question

A Township Supervisior intruded onto our posted "No Trespassing" private property. I informed him that he had entered private property that is posted. He ignored what I said and instead asked me questions. he was hollering at me wit a question about a complaint he said I had signed against the board.
This Supervision is voted into office, which makes him " The Government".
Did this township Supervisor violate my rights under the fourth amendment?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

It really wasn't a search or seizure so the 4th Amendment rights really weren't violated but he did break the law.

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.

JD 1992 :

Why would you rate this as Bad Service?

JD 1992 :

Your question specifically asked "Did this township Supervisor violate my rights under the fourth amendment?"

JD 1992 :

The 4th Amendment states:

JD 1992 :

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

JD 1992 :

There is nothing in your facts to suggest that a search or seizure of any kind occurred.