Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

a friend in georgia prison (6years) is trying to get paroled,

a friend in georgia prison (6years) is trying to get paroled, has a vop in fla she has a hold. she wants to get it straightened out she was to do a drug program (done).I was told that she could do paper work in prison Georgia to have fla extradite her from Georgia to take care off problem and to run time together, if they don't do it in a certain amount of time then the warrent goes away am I on the right track what can she do she just wants to start fresh

JD 1992 :

If she doesn't address it then the warrant doesn't go away they will just wait for her to be parole and then grab her and bring her to FL. She can send a letter or a motion to the FL court that has the VOP and tell them where she is located and ask that they issue a bench warrant to bring her back to handle those charges. If she does that then at worst the time she is serving now will count in the other case as well.

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.

Customer:

if she ask for a warrant and does not get it in a certain time does it go away is there any thing else she can do? she is not sure of charge only that she used her id to pawn an item

JD 1992 :

Mo, it never goes away unless she files something in that court to make it no longer valid. There are warrants in the system that are twenty years old.

JD 1992 :

She may be able to challenge the warrant, but if she is in prison they will grab her and take her to FL when she is released.

Customer:

how does she make it invalid This involves Georgia where she has done 6 years and Fla wher she violated probation of 1 year

JD 1992 :

She would need to file a Motion to Quash Warrant there in FL. However, the court isn't going to do it until she was requested that she be bench warranted there and they have refused to do so.

JD 1992 :

Why did you issue a poor service rating?

Customer:

I am sorry I thought you left I waited 12 min for answer can I retrack

JD 1992 :

Yes, at the end of it you can issue a positive rating and it will cancel our the negative. Sometimes it takes a while to respond because we may be researching and sometimes the chat is just running behind.