Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

yes do i have a right to recieve copies of urine tests on drug

yes do i have a right to recieve copies of urine tests on drug court is it legal for a judge to question you on your personal life like how many kids you have who your with ect. to try to get to know you better cuz i thought a judge is supposed to be able to sentence a person impartial and if he gets to know you on a personal level how can he be bias im no saint but i believe because of my past record they are still holding it against me like for instance i was serving 730 days in county jai
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Drug Treatment Court is unlike a traditional courtroom. It's what we call a consensus court. That is, instead of being an adversarial process where the DA is on one side and the defense on the other, presided over by a neutral judge, in Drug Treatment Court the judge, DA, defense attorneys, social workers, and drug treatment program providers work as a team to help a defendant get shed of his drug dependency, get gainful employment and end up with a clean start well-armed to be a productive member of society.

All members of the Treatment Court staff from the judge on down share information among themselves and confer about the best ways of proceeding with each and every case. It's pretty unique. In order to get Treatment Court you are usually made to sign documents informing you of the way the court works.

As for the drug testing, urine testing is supervised. Results are shown on the spot and at least in my experience as a former Treatment Court supervisor, you will be able to see for yourself if you passed or failed.
Experience: Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yesyes do i have a right to recieve copies of urine tests on drug court is
it legal for a judge to question you on your personal life like how many
kids you have who your with ect. to try to get to know you better cuz i
thought a judge is supposed to be able to sentence a person impartial and
if he gets to know you on a personal level how can he be bias im no saint
but i believe because of my past record they are still holding it against
me like for instance i was serving 730 days in county jail and the jail was
giving me half time and probation came over there asking why im getting
half and had them change it to third time the jail would change it back to
half time after looking at my court paper work and probation would come
over and have it change again that happened a total of 4 times now im am
getting my suspended sentence and on my probation supplimental report they
are giving me half time so i ended up having to do more time than supposed
to while doing that time i got 3 probation violations because i would get
released from custody to go to my medical appointments and i would return
to the jail when supposed to probation violated me due to the fact they
waned me to check in before and after my appointments i would check in but
i didnt check back in i would just return back to the jail when told to by
the jail so i recieved a extra 365 sentence and probation said i was third
time once again so now how am i getting half time im not complaining its
just they went out of there way to make me do third time when the end
result i get half time so i did more time than needed i believe they are
being malicious prejudice against me also the jail was giving me a 22 day
early kick and when probation got wind they made it to where the only way
to recieve that kick is i would have to wear a ankle monitor and at no time
this was happining did we go to court to change the terms and condition
probation is that right

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello Krystal,

This is now a substantially different question and looks more like a California sentencing matter. I think it would be better answered by a California lawyer. I will opt out and try to find you one.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My fiancé is on ssi disability and got in a fight with another inmate and the in through her over second teer 23ft high head first and she flat lined 4 times on the way to the hospital in the ambulance she had a severe skull fracture 10 stitches on head two broken wrists snapped neck disc sprained back chipped hip and sprained ankle and knee. Can she sue the county jail for that? She nearly died in the jail
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you. Regards, Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy