Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

I recently was charged with communicating threats with a gun.

I recently was charged with communicating threats with a gun. Is that a misdemeanor and I need an attorney referal.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Communicating threats is a Class 1 misdemeanor. N.C. Gen. Stat., Section 14-277.1. That means that the maximum penalty is six months imprisonment.

The terms and conditions of this site unfortunately prohibit us from making specific attorney referrals. However, has lawyer reviews, ratings, and referrals, so that is good place to locate someone. The state bar association also has an attorney referral service. If you cannot afford an attorney, you have a right to have a attorney appointed for you by the judge at no cost, because there is a possibility of jail.

If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.