Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I would like to check about getting my criminal records expunged

I would like to check about getting my criminal records expunged in Idaho. The charges are from 1995, misdemeanors. How would I go about doing that?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

In Idaho, expungement is really more of a dismissal of your case under Idaho Code 19-2604. The difference is that your convictions will not be sealed or erased from public records. Unfortunately, the state of Idaho doesn't allow that.

Instead, if you obtain a dismissal, the records would show that you were charged, but would also show that the case was dismissed. Thus, the conviction would be removed, but the charge would still be there.

Here's a good link you could read regarding this:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you an attorney in Idaho? I think we need to make an appt with an attorney to get this taken care of? do you know what it would cost to do something like this?

Hi - unfortunately, we're not allowed to take on clients through this site. However, I can direct you to visit and search for a criminal law attorney in your area that can help with an expungement petition.

When you go to the site, click on the "Find a lawyer or law firm" and then just put in your location and then select the area of practice, which would be criminal and you then should be able to even select "expungement". The search will provide you with local attorneys who are the best in their fields of practice.

As for cost, it varies depending on the number of convictions you're dealing with, whether they were in the same or different courts, etc. (if in the same court, one petition could be filed). All things considered, you're probably looking at $1000 +/- to get this done (court costs and attorney's fees).